Skip to main content
Skip to navigation menu
This course focuses on state-of-the-art culinary techniques from the perspective of innovation and creativity.
It is structured in 5 modules and ends with a final synthesis project in which you share your own creations.
ALL THE TECHNIQUES OF CONTEMPORARY CUISINE IN A SINGLE COURSE!
This course in cutting-edge culinary techniques is aimed at professionals in the sector who wish to expand their knowledge, specialize and distinguish themselves by applying contemporary products and techniques.
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a kitchen.
The specialization course is worth 9 ECTS credits and includes a complete itinerary with a variety of state-of-the-art techniques and products.
The course comprises the following modules:
|M01||Cutting- Edge Products: Gelifiers, Thickeners, Emulsifiers and others.||60|
|M02||Current Applications of Salting, Smoking, Marinating and Nixtamalization.||40|
|M03||Freeze Drying: Liquid Nitrogen, Dry Ice and others.||30|
|M04||Pressure Cooker: Empty and High-Pressures.||30|
Qualification from the Faculty of Gastronomic Sciences, Basque Culinary Center.
You can obtain the course dossier with further information by completing the information request form.
• MODULE 0, INTRODUCTION TO THE PLATFORM: 28/09/2021 - 28/02/2022 **
• TOTAL COURSE DURATION: 24/09/2021
• WEEKLY TUITION:10-12 hours
• LIVE SESSIONS: Thursday afternoons in CMT Madrid schedule**
* Module Zero is only completed once in order to become familiar with the course methodology and the learning platform.
** Live classes will be recorded so you can view them whenever you want. All the teaching material requiered will be available 24 hours a day.
At the Basque Culinary Center, we are committed to a learning methodology based on learning by doing through which you will be able to put the concepts learned during the course into practice.
The program and contents have been designed 100% for online training and include the following learning components:
Find out more about our course methodology at Find out more/Methodology
The contents of this course have been designed by professionals with extensive experience and teaching ability.
• Teachers from the culinary and scientific areas of the Basque Culinary Center will guide your learning.
• You will be assigned a course tutor who will guide you and give you feedback on your practicals.
• Each week, you will attend showcookings and live classes with expert guest teachers from the Basque Culinary Center.
Learn with the best!
The total cost of the course is 2.450€ , which is paid in the following way:
• 150€ for the application submission (fully refundable if not accepted).
• 40% of the amount, that is, 920€ , upon being assigned a place on the course.
• The rest of the amount, 1.380€, before the course starts.
• Access to the training environment.
• Training introduction on the learning platform.
• Technical support 24 hours/365 days.
• All the learning material required for proper follow-up of the training.
• Admission to Alumni after passing the course.
Price does not include:
• Machinery, kitchen tools or products for making the dishes.
Registration open until end of places. Limited places.
For the correct monitoring and compliance of the online course, each student should have:
• The required qualifications to study online at the Basque Culinary Center. Check these at Find out more/Essentials
• The specific products and equipment required to complete this course.
This course is also available at On-site version