Skip to main content
Skip to navigation menu
Registration is opened. Limited places.
A course designed to help you understand, analyse and know how to apply various traditional techniques such as salting, smoking, marinating and nixtamalizing in an innovative way. You will acquire technical knowledge that will help achieve the result you are looking for at any time.
USE TRADITIONAL CONSERVATION TECHNIQUES TO PREPARE THE LATEST STYLE OF DISHES!
This course in cutting-edge culinary techniques is aimed at professionals in the sector who wish to expand their knowledge, specialize and distinguish themselves by applying contemporary products and techniques.
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a kitchen.
The course training programme addresses the following aspects:
Introduction to the different techniques.
Smoking: from the characteristics of traditional technique to culinary applications.
Salting: use and types of salt and its culinary application.
Marinating: types, traditional and latest applications.
Marinating with alcohol
Marinating with enzymes
Marinating with spices
Marinating with pH Acid
Nixtamalizing in cutting-edge gastronomy.
Disadvantages and usage problems that may occur when applying different smoking, salting, marinating and nixtamalizing techniques.
In addition, during the course, students will put into practice what they have learned by applying the different techniques through various activities. An excellent opportunity to produce new and creative dishes that can be applied to the real menu of a restaurant.
You will acquire the deep knowledge that will allow you to understand what occurs in each culinary process and its conversion into a real dish.
• MODULE 0, INTRODUCTION TO THE PLATFORM: 2022/02/21*
• TOTAL COURSE DURATION: 2023/02/28- 2022/04/03
• WEEKLY TUITION: 10 hours
• LIVE SESSIONS: Thursday afternoons in CMT Madrid schedule**
* Module Zero is only completed once in order to become familiar with the course methodology and the learning platform.
** Live classes will be recorded so you can view them whenever you want.
At the Basque Culinary Center, we are committed to a learning methodology based on learning by doing through which you will be able to put the concepts learned during the course into practice.
The program and contents have been designed 100% for online training and include the following learning components:
Find out more about our course methodology at Find out more/Methodology
The contents of this course have been designed by professionals with extensive experience and teaching ability.
• Teachers from the culinary and scientific areas of the Basque Culinary Center will guide your learning.
• You will be assigned a course tutor who will guide you and give you feedback on your practicals.
• Each week, you will attend showcookings and live classes with expert guest teachers from the Basque Culinary Center.
Learn with the best!
Los contenidos de este curso han sido diseñados por profesionales con amplia experiencia y capacidad pedagógica.
• Profesores del área de cocina y ciencia de Basque culinary Center guiarán tu aprendizaje:
• Tendrás a tu disposición un tutor del curso, que te acompañará y dará feedback de tus prácticas.
• Cada semana, asistirás a showcookings y clases en directo de la mano de profesores invitados expertos de Basque Culinary Center.
¡Aprenderás con los mejores!
For the correct monitoring and compliance of the online course, each student should have:
• The required qualifications to study online at the Basque Culinary Center. Check these at Find out more/Essentials
• The specific products and equipment required to complete this course.
The fields marked with are required.