Skip to main content
Skip to navigation menu
The competition in the hotel industry is increasingly fierce and to add value to the customer experience, the F&B strategy must be an integral part of the trends, business models, flavours and techniques in all of the hotel’s points of sale.
In a sector that continues to grow and reinvent itself, it is necessary to have specialised professionals, F&B Managers who know the hotel business and who have the skills to make the most of the gastronomic potential of the hotel.
This master’s degree is the most complete programme for becoming an expert in F&B and taking responsibility for directing and organising the Food and Beverage department, with an innovative, global and inclusive vision, maintaining the highest standards of quality and service and maximising the benefits of the hotel’s gastronomy.
With 60 ECTS, the programme includes the carrying out of a master’s degree final project, for which you will have specialised tutors who will accompany you throughout the design. The master’s degree includes an internship in the best national and international establishments in the hotel sector.
The course will include master classes and nationally and internationally renowned guests will share their experience and help you to find out about the best current business models first-hand.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DO THIS MASTER'S DEGREE.
It will provide you with the necessary knowledge of the realities of the current tourism and hotel sector in general, and the gastronomic sector in particular, from a sustainable and global point of view.
You will learn from the best F&B experts and teachers specialised in Horeca catering management.
You will learn in a practical and applied way, through case studies, challenges, tasting workshops, show cooking and sensory perception and educational visits.
You will have the support of expert tutors who will guide you during your project to ensure its viability, with personalised tutoring.
You will be part of a master’s degree course which is supported by the main hotel chains and the Basque Culinary Center, world leaders in catering and gastronomy.
Practical cases will be presented by current leading professionals with whom you will share experiences in an open, dynamic and intimate format.
You will develop the skills to be able to innovate and create new business opportunities.
You will be able to complete the learning experience by doing an external internship in F&B departments.
You will discover the new trends in business models for hotel catering and we will provide you with the keys to creating profitable and sustainable models.
You will be able to participate in the programme of extra activities organised by the faculty and that includes conferences, exhibitions and a number of specialised congresses.
• Graduados en Turismo, Hotelería, Gastronomía, ADE, u otras disciplinas con una clara vocación de gestión en el sector Holero y específicamente F&B.
• Titulados en Cocina, Servicios de Restauración o formación profesional en hostelería y restauración.
Es recomendable que el estudiante tenga experiencia profesional en el sector hotelero en el área de sala, cocina o eventos fundamentalmente.
Algunas de las sesiones serán en inglés, por lo que se valorará un nivel mínimo de inglés, nivel B2 (nivel intermedio alto).
DESARROLLA TU CARRERA PROFESIONAL EN EL ÁREA DE F&B Y FOODSERVICE DEL SECTOR HOTELERO
En este Máster adquirirás las competencias para:
• Conocer la realidad actual del sector turístico en general y hotelero en particular desde una visión sostenible y global.
• Conocer la relevancia del desarrollo de estrategias adecuadas para la empresa hotelera en general y el departamento de f&b en particular, aprendiendo herramientas adecuadas que ayuden a potenciar la ventaja competitiva y la propuesta de valor desde una perspectiva y visión integral de todas las áreas del negocio.
• Comprender la evolución de los modelos de negocio en restauración, las caracterísiticas y herramientas para diseñar una oferta gastronómica y de servicio de cada outlet coherente con el establecimiento y sus estrategias y acorde con las expectativas del cliente, desde el conociendo de las tendencias actuales.
• Conocer y comprender todos los aspectos esenciales de la gestión económico financiera de un departamento de f&b para la toma de decisiones fundamentadas, aplicando técnicas avanzadas, desarrollando tanto la capacidad para desarrollar estrategias óptimas como la habilidad para crear diferentes escenarios que permitan analizar proyectos y su viabilidad, distinguir desviaciones y plantear soluciones acordes a la empresa hotelera.
• Aprender a desarrollar y potenciar los recursos, las capacidades y habilidades propias y del equipo, sensibilizándose a la importancia de la gestión del talento y su retención.
Para más información sobre el Plan de Estudios actual descárgate el Programa:
Este máster capacita a los participantes para desempeñar cargos y funciones en los siguientes ámbitos de trabajo en empresas vinculadas al sector de la hoteleria:
• Formar parte del equipo de liderazgo corporativo de cadenas hoteleras, principalmente en el Departamento de F&B, Operaciones y Estándares, a distintos niveles.
• Liderar la oferta gastronómica en otros tipos de alojamientos turísticos.
• Incorporarte al sector de la Restauración Organizada en la Dirección de Restauración, Calidad e Innovación.
• Conviertete en Consultor y Asesor gastronómico en el sector HORECA.
DURATION: 60 ECTS.
COURSE PERIOD: from January 2023 to June 2023
TIMETABLE: Monday to Thursday from 15:15 to 20:15h*
EXTERNAL CURRICULAR INTERNSHIP: between June and December 2023 (3 months).
ENROLMENT: Registration will be opened from July 2022.
No OF PLACES: 20The external curricular internship will take place once the classroom-based training part in the Basque Culinary Center has been completed. It will have a duration of 480 hours.
*Although the usual schedule of classes from Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm, exceptionally some of the educational visits, tasting classes or sessions could be in the morning or on another day of the week.
The teaching-learning process is based on the following methodological concepts:
• Conceptual lecture sessions: In these sessions the conceptual foundations of each subject in the module will be explained by experts.
• Master Classes: Sessions where leading F&B professionals, chefs, experts in talent management, economics-finance or operations, will present first-hand models and successful experiences.
• Practical case studies and video case studies: Examples of motivating successes and failures, presented by leaders in the sector, from which students will establish key principles that will assist them in each phase of learning.
• Challenges: Real cases, proposed by the managers of the company/group in which the students will work and before whom the students will have to defend their proposal.
• Tasting classes: Tastings, sampling, workshops and other activities related to gastronomy in the BCC facilities that allow the contents of the programme to be experienced.
• Learning Journey: Gastronomic activities and visits to places of interest that illustrate the content of the subjects.
Coexistence between the participants and the expert professionals and coordinators of the Basque Culinary Center.
MASTER'S DEGREE FINAL PROYECT
The master’s degree final project consists of the carrying out of an original project which incorporates, applies and develops the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired during the teaching period of the course. The project is therefore comprehensive in nature since it involves incorporating the full range of general and specific skills associated with the degree.
The project will be carried out individually or in pairs and the students, supervised by the assigned expert, the master’s degree course management and different teachers, will develop, produce and present a hotel F&B project addressing all the key aspects of management.
The master’s degree course has a professional orientation that involves the carrying out of an internship in a company with a duration of 480 hours and 19 ECTS credits.
BCC has agreements with the main hotel chains. Our alumni and graduates have highly valued profiles due to their innovative vision of gastronomy.
You will be taught by the best national and international experts in the sector; successful professionals who will share their experiences with you.
The organisational structure of the master’s degree involves an accessible team committed to the learning and professionalisation of students. It is a structure designed for the sharing of their experiences, knowledge and skills, etc.
The teaching team is structured as follows:
Expert teachers by area of knowledge
Teachers from the Basque Culinary Center in the areas of gastronomy, management and science.
Collaborating teachers who are experts in hotel business, operations, strategic management, marketing and communication; consultants who are specialists in finance, talent management, gastronomic criticism, gastronomic tourism and sustainability; winemakers and sommeliers, etc.
Final Project Mentors
Each project will be assigned a tutor, an active professional who will support you in the process, advising you and providing a practical, global and comprehensive vision.
Master Classes and high calibre guests
Students will have the opportunity to share experiences with leading figures in the sector: hotel managers, F&B corporate and operations managers, human resources managers, chefs with experience in hotel catering, customer experience managers and other active professionals.
You will learn with the best!
FEES FOR THE MASTER’S DEGREE COURSE
The fees for the current master’s degree course are 10.295 euros which must be paid as follows:
• €150 at the time of applying for a place (refundable in full in the event of not being admitted or needing to withdraw).
• €2536,25 as reservation fee payable at the time of confirmation of admission.
• The remainder of the fee is payable in 3 instalments of €2536,25 during the academic year.
At Basque Culinary Center we are pleased to help you to continue your training and we offer you the possibility of financing the last 3 instalments of the master's degree (60% of the total amount) for 12 months.
The process is very simple. Discover the exclusive financing conditions offered by Sabadell Consumer Finance S.A.U. as a student of the Basque Culinary Center.
Refundable (partly or wholly) through the Fundación Tripartita:
In order to support students with their search for employment during or following their studies, they will receive information relating to the career opportunities available in the faculty.
Likewise, during their stay, students may apply for the study-employment grants offered by the faculty and lend their services to the different departments: R&D, operations, coffee shop, etc.
The Basque Culinary Center has an admission system whose objective is to ensure that our students possess the academic level and personal skills necessary to successfully complete an innovative and demanding curriculum.
An Admissions Committee will be responsible for selecting the admitted candidates.
Interested students must register online and pay the registration fee.
In addition, the following documentation should be sent to email@example.com:• Curriculum Vitae
The admissions committee will assess the motivation as well as the personal aptitude to successfully complete this training process. For this purpose, the letter of motivation presented will be taken into account.
Once the 3 phases of the selection process have been carried out, the places will be confirmed according to the suitability of the applications. All other things being equal, the order of presentation of the application will be taken into account.
Consultas y más información en: firstname.lastname@example.org
Livensa Living San Sebastian is located in the neighborhood of Ibaeta, in a quiet area and a step away from Tolosa Avenue that leads to Ondarreta beach. It is an accommodation that takes care of all the details and is designed to make you feel at home during your stay in Donostia-San Sebastian. It has spaces to relax and share time in company.
Features to highlight:
Students from European Union member countries, Norway, Switzerland. Liechtenstein and Iceland will not require a visa to reside in Spain.
Other international students will have to request a long-term student visa which will allow them to reside in Spain for a period longer than 180 days.
Visas should be requested from, and issued by the Diplomatic Missions and Spanish Consul Offices abroad. It is important to obtain information on the required documentation and gather it as soon as possible, since the relevant authorities may take up to two months to notify that visas will be granted.
Once students have arrived in Donostia-San Sebastian, they have one month from the time of their arrival to request the foreign students’ card at the Foreign Residents Office in Donostia-San Sebastian. The students’ office of the BCC will provide the necessary information to students in this matter.
Through the MU Sports Service, students can access team sports as well as individual sporting activities and Group trips (weekend skiing, surfing trips….).
Donostia-San Sebastian also has an extensive offer of municipal sporting facilities. The Kirol Txartela (sport card) permits access to all the city’s municipal facilities at a very economical price. For more information, go to the following link.
Information on the COST OF LIVING in San Sebastian is given below:
The best way to move around the city is with the network of urban buses. The company which provides this service is Compañia del Tranvia de Donostia-San Sebastian.
Their web page www.dbus.es contains all information on routes, timetables and tariffs. The web page also enables the calculation of the bus route between two points and its estimated duration.
Students can benefit from monthly season tickets which reduce the cost of travelling by bus.
Donostia-San Sebastian offers accommodation in student residences. It is advisable that those interested in this type of accommodation make their reservation as soon as possible.
A document containing information on some of the residences in the city can be found below.
Download: Accommodation in San Sebastian
During their study years, BCC students will have access to the BCC Student APP. Through this APP students will be informed about grants and scholarships, job opportunities, extracurricular learning opportunities, events, invitations to exclusive Master Classes... They will also be informed on student discounts, BCC Cafeteria or Restaurant reservations, transportation, etc.