Skip to main content
Skip to navigation menu
THE COURSE WILL START IN FEBRUARY
The most complete training programme to become a contemporary Dining Room Professional in just 2 months.
Master the waiting products and techniques, and acquire knowledge in psychology, equipment management, customer experience, dining room technology, communication and sales tools.
Manage the dining room with confidence, optimising processes and providing added value to the business and customers
An intensive programme, with a Master Class by leading dining room professionals and expert teachers in the study programme subjects, learning visits and a tutored final project.
University Expert Diploma in Dining Room Management and Customer Service
• Graduates in the management of restaurant or catering services or other related disciplines.
• Dining room professionals such as waiters, maître d’s or head waiters and restaurant managers, who want to evolve professionally.
• Teaching professionals who want to be up to date with the latest trends in the area ofthe dining room and customer service.
It will be an asset if the student has at least two years’ previous experience working in the dining room and restaurant service.
The programme consists of 6 modules + end of course project (10 ECTS)
For more information about the current Curriculum, download the Programme:
• Acquire advanced knowledge about the operation of the dining room, waiting techniques and waiting in different types of restaurants, and about different types of service.
• Develop skills in internal and external customer psychology, as well as verbal and non-verbal communication techniques aimed at increasing the sales of the establishment and the management of teams.
• Learn about the main tools for designing services and designing experiences to achieve objectives: service quality and customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Acquire advanced knowledge about beers, coffees, cocktails, cheeses and the cutting of ham, and wine and pairings with different products, in order to be able to advise and meet the needs of customers.
• Learn about the main technological tools that are used in modern dining room services, as well as good practices in the use of social media.
• Acquire management skills aimed at optimising processes, customer satisfaction and increasing the profitability of the point of sale.
DURATION: 10 ECTS.
COUSE PERIOD: From 15th February to 26th April 2021
TIMETABLE: Mondays nd 7 tuesdays from 9:15h to 18:30h.
Nº OF PLACES: 16
ENROLMENT: Registration opened until all places are filled.
At the Basque Culinary Centre we are committed to a learning methodology based on learning by doing, through which you will be able to put into practice the concepts learned during the course.
The teaching-learning process is based on the following methodological concepts:
• Theoretical presentation of topics planned for the session.
• Analysis of and reflection on each theme, and practical exercises for application to the dining room and waiting.
• Recaps and sharing of non-classroom-based learning activities in the project.
• Learning visits to learn about good practices.
• Sessions on wine tasting and pairings, brewing of beers, the making of the perfect coffee, cocktails, etc.
Master Class by leading professionals in the sector and from other disciplines related to the study programme. Real and inspiring experiences.
Learning visit: Visit to a winery to increase knowledge about this product.
Final project: throughout the course, work will be carried out on the creation of a dining room manual for an establishment, which will incorporate the knowledge acquired. The project will be supervised by experts.
Extracurricular work experience: the student will be able to complete the training combining the course with extracurricular work experience for the duration of the course between April and June.
The teaching team will be composed of:
The total fees for the programme are €2,690 which must be paid as follows
• €150 at the time of applying for a place (refundable in full in the case of not being admitted).
• 40% of the total, that is €1,016 as a reservation fee payable at the time of confirmation of admission.
• The remainder of the fees, €1,524 two weeks prior to the start of the programme.
This price includes:
• Teaching material
• Study visits
The students’ information office of the faculty will provide the necessary information and will assist students with their search for accommodation and shared flats.
THE COURSE WILL START IN FEBRUARY
The Basque Culinary Centre has a system of admissions that aims to ensure that our students have the academic level and personal competences required to complete the study plan successfully.
For any further enquiries regarding course requirements or the admission process, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
New residence opened in the academic year 2017/2018.
Located just a step away from the Basque Culinary Center and with excellent downtown connections, the residence has 73 well-equipped studios designed for those who desire luxury student living. All rooms feature the latest trends in interior design and technology and include double beds, flat screen TVs, modern furniture, in-room kitchenettes, private bathrooms, and outward facing views. The facilities are also equipped with a fitness center, meeting and study rooms, a large shared kitchen space for culinary practices, as well as a community living area where residents can socialize and relax.
Some of the amenities include:
TRÁMITES PREVIOS AL VIAJE A ESPAÑA
Visado de larga duración
Este visado habilita para residir, residir y trabajar, estudiar o investigar en España. Todos los extranjeros que deseen entrar en España para residir, residir y trabajar o estudiar necesitan contar con un visado de este tipo, a menos que se trate de ciudadanos de la Unión Europea, Islandia, Liechtenstein, Noruega o Suiza.
La solicitud de visado de larga duración debe presentarse mediante un impreso de solicitud debidamente cumplimentado (original y copia), que puede descargarse gratuitamente de este enlace “Impreso de solicitud” puede ser obtenido también gratuitamente en las Misiones Diplomáticas u Oficinas Consulares de España en el extranjero.
Los documentos que por norma general habrá que presentar en la embajada para la gestión del visado serán:
*Los documentos requeridos en cada uno de los países son diferentes. Consultar las diferentes embajadas y consulados: AQUÍ
TRÁMITES NECESARIOS A REALIZAR EN ESPAÑA
Los alumnos internacionales nada más llegar a San Sebastián deben de gestionar los siguientes documentos:
La solicitud del NIE (Número de identidad de extranjero) tiene como objetivo otorgar un número de identidad de extranjeros a los efectos de identificación necesario para poder residir en España.
Nº de la Seguridad Social
Este nº permitirá al alumnado poder ser dado de alta en la Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social a la hora de realizar prácticas académicas o trabajar.
Through the MU Sports Service, students can access team sports as well as individual sporting activities and Group trips (weekend skiing, surfing trips….).
Donostia-San Sebastian also has an extensive offer of municipal sporting facilities. The Kirol Txartela (sport card) permits access to all the city’s municipal facilities at a very economical price. For more information, go to the following link.
A continuación se presentan algunos datos que reflejan el COSTE DE VIDA en Donostia - San Sebastián:
La mejor manera de desplazarse por la ciudad es mediante su red de autobuses urbanos. Las empresas que prestan este servicio son la Compañía del Tranvía de Donostia-San Sebastián y LurraldeBus.
En www.dbus.es y www.lurraldebus.eus/es ofrecen información completa sobre rutas, horarios y tarifas. La web también ofrece la posibilidad de calcular la ruta en autobús entre dos puntos y la duración estimada del trayecto.
Este servicio público de autobuses cuenta con la opción de crear una tarjeta individual para asi beneficiarte de bonos de transporte mensuales que abaratan los costes. Más información en www.mugi.eus/index.php/es/
Cesta de la compra
During their study years, BCC students will have access to the BCC Student APP. Through this APP students will be informed about grants and scholarships, job opportunities, extracurricular learning opportunities, events, invitations to exclusive Master Classes... They will also be informed on student discounts, BCC Cafeteria or Restaurant reservations, transportation, etc.